Our reviewers evaluate products and services based on unbiased research. Top Consumer Reviews may earn money when you click on a link. Learn more about our process.
Sunday, October 1st
Bodybuilding has been a major player in the fitness industry since its inception in 1999. With over 35 million unique visitors per month, it has become the most visited fitness website worldwide. The website offers an extensive collection of articles, videos, and other helpful content to support and guide fitness enthusiasts on their journey toward a healthy lifestyle. It's a competitive one-stop shop when buying creatine supplements.
Founded in 2010, Supplement Mart has become one of Australia's top retailers of sports nutrition and supplement products. Originally started by two brothers out of a small 30 sqm store, Supplement Mart has grown to become one of the largest and most comprehensive online sports nutrition stores, with fast delivery services across Australia. The company offers a wide range of products, including protein powders, mass gainers, pre-workouts, fat burners, amino acids, and vitamins. But, this retailer ranks low on our list because it doesn't ship outside of Australia.
Whether you're a hardcore gym rat trying to get "swole" , a hardcore athlete trying to build muscle for an upcoming meet, or if you just want a little extra definition in your quads after spin classes, you've probably heard of creatine. This substance occurs naturally in muscle cells and is one of the few nutritional supplements that is regularly recommended by personal trainers, sports nutritionists, and experienced athletes alike.
Creatine supplementation has been shown to increase muscle mass, strength, and power in athletes, particularly in short-term, high-intensity exercise. It may also improve recovery time and reduce muscle damage and soreness after exercise. It supports your gains through three amino acids: L-arginine, glycine, and L-methionine.
Around 95% of creatine in the body is stored in skeletal muscle, where it is used to provide energy during short bursts of intense activity such as weightlifting, sprinting, or jumping. The remaining 5% of creatine is stored in the brain, kidneys, and other organs. Creatine has been repeatedly demonstrated to deliver improvements in muscle mass, power, and strength with little to no side effects.
While anyone can enjoy the benefits of creatine, it can be particularly essential for vegetarians who lift weights, as meat is the most common natural source of creatine. However, even for those who consume meat, it can be challenging to eat enough to get the amount of creatine necessary for building muscle. In small doses (3-5 grams of creatine per day), most athletes see significant gains in a short period of time.
Interestingly, creatine has been shown to have additional health benefits beyond muscle gains. For example, some studies have shown that creatine supplements can improve many neurological conditions like Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's as well as brain and spinal cord injuries. Since 5% of creatine is stored in the brain, this could be a reason why it can have positive effects on neurological functions.
If you're looking to add creatine to your workout regimen, keep in mind that not all creatine products and retailers are equal. When deciding which creatine supplier to choose, you should consider factors such as product quality, safety, and pricing. By keeping these criteria in mind, you can ensure that you are getting the best creatine supplements at the most reasonable prices from a trustworthy retailer.
If you're still not sure where to start, don't worry. We've created this list of key factors that might help you narrow down the many options for buying creatine:
To help you find the best support for your gym sesh, Top Consumer Reviews has reviewed and ranked the best creatine supplement retailers on the market today. Now you can focus on getting those gains with the best creatine supplement for your needs.
Select any 2 Creatine Supplement Stores to compare them head to head
Men's Health on MSN
Creatine Supplements Could Help Combat Symptoms of Long Covid, ...
Creatine is a staple of many gym-goers' supplement arsenal for it's ability to improve strength, body composition, power and build muscle. But aside from its workout-boosting credentials, the gym ...
Thu, 21 Sep 2023