Monday, January 25th
Benefits of a Home Security System
If you've been struggling with whether to purchase and install a home security system, your struggle may be because you have not realized all of the benefits it could provide to you and your family.
There are many benefits to installing a home security system in your home. Some of these include:
- Studies have proven that home security systems deter crime. In studies that track crime statistics as reported by police departments, a steady decrease in crime coincides with the number of registered home security systems. These studies found that not only do home security systems benefit the individual homeowners
but that the neighborhoods in which there were more burglar alarms had fewer reported crime incidents
than those neighborhoods in which there were fewer installed alarm systems. Home security systems benefitted not only the homeowner but the neighborhood and community as well.
- While it is not unheard of for burglars to enter a home with a security system installed, usually they take very little because they know it won't be long until the police arrive. However, if a thief knows a home is equipped with an alarm they are more likely to move on to the next home without a security system.
- Homeowners with home security systems many times receive lower insurance rates. Since homes with security systems are less likely to be robbed, their homeowners are less likely to have to file an insurance claim. Furthermore, home security systems with an added smoke detector can help prevent the entire loss of a home
to fire. This means the insurance claim filed is greatly reduced. Insurance companies recognize
these benefits to them and are willing to give discounts to homeowners who have home security systems. Be sure to shop insurance companies to find out which one will provide the best discount. Some may offer a discount which helps offset the cost of installation and monthly monitoring fees.
- Another benefit is the added value a home security system provides to your home. Having a home security system can be an added amenity to be considered when putting your home on the market.
- Older individuals, that still enjoy living on their own, benefit from a home security system and the quick response available should an emergency occur and they need help.
- Also, with a home security system installed in your home, emergency medical help can be accessed with just a press of a button on your system's keypad. Help will be dispatched directly to you without you having to call 911.
Home security systems offer a wide variety of benefits to the homeowner, one of the most gratifying is the peace of mind from knowing one's home, family, and belongings are protected.