Our reviewers evaluate products and services based on unbiased research. Top Consumer Reviews may earn money when you click on a link. Learn more about our process.
Sunday, January 17th
Music Diffusion helps promote, publish, and license music for independent artists and labels. They have over 150 digital partner stores as well as the ability to distribute music to Deezer, iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Facebook, Beatport, YouTube, Apple Music, and Amazon.
Not much customer feedback
There is not much customer feedback to be found regarding their services and very little on their "About Us" page, but it seems that they are a newer company. Their blog only goes back as far as 2018, which could be around when the company was started.
90/10 royalty split
When you decide to publish through Music Diffusion, you get to keep 100% of the rights to your work. You also keep 90% of the royalties from your songs, while Music Diffusion keeps the other 10%. For anyone in the US, trying to figure out the financial side of using Music Diffusion will be extra-confusing since everything is in euros without the option of switching it over to dollars. For the sake of this review, we will make it easy and translate the pricing page over to US currency.
3 music publishing options
The following plans are provided as options for artists:
A little frustrating
Although Music Diffusion has a professional looking website, it is a little busy and might make it hard for a beginner musician to know exactly how to use their services. Their website also loads slowly when you change pages, which isn't necessarily concerning but it makes for a less user-friendly experience.
Options without explanation
Other pages on the Music Diffusion site with resources for artists include music distribution options, music promotion, and help with website creation and other streaming service networking. A community network is also available for artists who want to create profiles and collaborate with other musicians to share ideas and ask questions. Again, the website is full of links to click on, but it's not made very clear how they help artists or why they might be essential to producing music.
Better choices available
Music Diffusion does not have a Better Business Bureau profile, so we are unable to see how they rank based on customer complaints. Looking elsewhere results in little to no feedback from artists who have used their services. This is disappointing because it makes us think that they aren't a very popular or well-established service. Since they cater to European markets and don't have as straightforward of processes as our higher-rated services, we recommend trying a different publishing company first.
You don't have to be famous to have your musical talents shared with the whole world. There are companies that allow vocalists and other musicians to get their work published for streaming on platforms like iTunes, Spotify, Napster, and other big-name services. This allows individuals to skip the need for a music producer and put themselves out there independently.
Finding a music publishing service is a great way to start out in the music industry. Even though today you might just be writing and producing music in your basement, publishing companies allow artists to share their vocal talents with millions and potentially get discovered by a big name label.
There are quite a few music publishing services to choose from when exploring your options. A more reputable company will know the ins and outs of getting their musicians the maximum amount of exposure possible. If perhaps your music does get discovered and have millions of streaming listeners, you'll want to use a service that allows you to keep larger portions of sales.
Before choosing the company you want to publish your music, we suggest you keep the following things in mind:
TopConsumerReviews.com has reviewed and ranked the best music publishing services available today. We hope this information helps you achieve your musical aspirations!
Select any 2 Music Publishing Companies to compare them head to head
Variety on MSN.com
Sony/ATV Music Publishing UK Signs Ivor Novello Winner Jamie Cullum
Ivor Novello-winning artist and songwriter Jamie Cullum has signed a global publishing deal with Sony/ATV Music Publishing UK. It marks his return to the company after signing with EMI 18 years ago, ...
Wed, 13 Jan 2021
People on MSN.com
Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham Sell Fleetwood Mac Music Rights
Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham are starting off the new year with big deals. A week after news broke that Buckingham, 71, sold his publishing rights to Hipgnosis Songs Fund, it was announced ...
Thu, 14 Jan 2021