TopConsumerReviews.com is a world-leading consumer product review site. We provide detailed reviews and ratings for thousands of products and services.
The Basics of Credit Repair
If your credit score has taken a hit and you're having a hard time getting approved for a credit card, loan or more - you may be considering a credit repair provider to assist. Credit repair companies can be very helpful when it comes to your credit problems but only if you have reasonable expectations. Here are the basics of what a credit repair company does and how they charge for their services.
What Credit Repair Companies Can Do for Your Credit Score
Credit Repair companies are experts in the field of credit reporting, credit reporting laws and disputes. You can anticipate that most companies will provide the following services:
- Effectively identify credit reporting inaccuracies and perform the dispute process with credit agencies. This service can save the consumer significant time and hassle from attempting to do this on their own.
- Credit score improvement goes hand in hand with effectively disputing credit reporting inaccuracies. If a credit repair company is successful at removing aged or inaccurate information from your credit report your credit score will go up. This is generally not a quick fix but a process that occurs over time.
- Credit repair companies understand the credit score process and can provide valuable advice on how to pay off debt, close accounts, and maintain an adequate debt to asset ratio that will improve your credit score now and in the future. Not all credit repair companies offer advice so look around before you make a decision if this is a service you're interested in.
- A quality credit repair company will back their services with a satisfaction guarantee. A money back guarantee will put you at ease should you not be satisfied with their ultimate efforts.
Credit Repair Fees
Credit Repair companies charge to remove credit reporting inaccuracies and errors. Here's what to expect you may be asked to pay:
- Many credit repair companies charge a fee of $49.95 - $189.00 to start the credit repair process. Generally this fee is charged after the first 1 to 2 weeks when efforts are underway. This may or may not include pulling credit reports. If you have to pull them yourself that will cost you an additional $10 or more.
- Most credit repair companies provide their service via a monthly service charge. Monthly charges can range between $29.99 to $99.00 per month and can vary on the level of service they provide. If you are looking for something specific make sure you understand what's included in the price. Also make sure you understand if that price includes dispute and if there's a limit.
Top Consumer Reviews Articles
TopConsumerReviews.com provides unique articles that you won't find anywhere else on the internet. These articles are designed to help you make the most informed decisions possible.
Warning: copy(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 15
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 18
- View Full Site -
Copyright © TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form without the express written consent of TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC is strictly prohibited.