TopConsumerReviews.com is a world-leading consumer product review site. We provide detailed reviews and ratings for thousands of products and services.
Quality Credit Repair Companies
A credit repair company can be wonderful at helping to improve your credit score and get you back on your financial feet. But, they can also make things worse. If you hire an honest and professional company you know that appropriate methods are being used to dispute any inaccuracies on your credit repair and often the result is positive. Avoiding credit repair scams is also important as they can result in wasted money and even
legal problems, if you're not careful.
Characteristics of a Quality Credit Repair Company
A credit repair company with a long history of positive results, happy customers, and professional behavior should be your first choice.
- Visit the Better Business Bureau website. The BBB can be an excellent research tool when you're looking for a credit repair company. Locate the company you're considering on the Better Business Bureau website to determine how long they've been in business and what if any negative reports have been made.
- The company provides a well functioning website. Most of us are not credit repair gurus and as such a website that provides easy to follow, user friendly instructions is going to save time, energy and frustration. Find a company that provides a well designed website that educates you and also allows you to monitor the status of their progress online. This will also help eliminate confusion and feel that your needs
are being taken care of.
- You can read or hear about credit improvement advice. Once you're on your way to improving your credit score, eliminating bad reporting, and awaiting dispute responses a credit repair company that can provide you no-nonsense advice on how to improve your credit score through additional steps such as debt reduction, account closings (or openings), and other strategic actions will ultimately provide you the best results.
Be on the Look Out
Some credit repair companies attempt to deceive consumers. Here's what to look-out for:
- Keep an eye out for any company that promises to erase all bad debts. It's illegal to remove accurate negative credit reporting.
- Asking for your money upfront is illegal within the laws of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. If a company asks for you to pay a large sum prior to starting, ask more questions.
- If you're asked to apply for a new identification number or EIN you have an issue on your hands. It's considered fraud if you try to hide behind a new ID and you can go to jail.
- Credit repair companies are required to inform you of your rights to dispute inaccuracies on your own and for free. Any company that fails to provide you this information is probably not on the up and up.
- If a credit repair company asks you to not communicate with credit agencies or lenders during their repair efforts you should question this request. This can be a sign that good business practices are not being utilized.
Top Consumer Reviews Articles
TopConsumerReviews.com provides unique articles that you won't find anywhere else on the internet. These articles are designed to help you make the most informed decisions possible.
Warning: copy(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 15
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 18
- View Full Site -
Copyright © TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form without the express written consent of TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC is strictly prohibited.