TopConsumerReviews.com is a world-leading consumer product review site. We provide detailed reviews and ratings for thousands of products and services.
Buying an Exercise Bike
If you've decided to get into shape and lose those unwanted pounds, an exercise bike is a great place to begin. Exercise bikes allow just about anyone to start an exercise program. As you become stronger and faster, exercise bikes offer the versatility to step-up your workout without requiring the need to purchase more equipment. Today's exercise bikes are much more advanced than earlier models with interactive workout programs, heart rate monitoring, incline features, calorie counting, and progress tracking. Machines normally fold up to fit into most homes and are easier to move as needed.
How to Buy an Exercise Bike
A number of brands and models of exercise bikes exist today and knowing which one is right for you can be a challenge. Save yourself the hassle of driving from store to store to listen to a fast-talking salesman discuss why their overpriced model is the best option. Instead, pull up a chair to your computer and make a well-informed decision that you feel confident with. The Internet brings you the widest variety of exercise bikes to choose from at competitive prices. Conveniently shop when it best fits into your schedule and quickly compare and contrast products and features that are important to you.
Tips to buying an exercise bike:
- Consider what type of exercise bike is best for you. There are two types of exercise bikes for home use and each has its pros and cons. The upright bike is similar to your standard road bike with a saddle seat and pedals positioned directly underneath the legs. These are the most popular exercise bikes available on the market and allow for more movement, such as riding while standing on the pedals or in a racing position. The upright bike is said to offer the more strenuous workout for those that enjoy testing their endurance.
The recumbent bike is another option to consider. Riding a recumbent bike is like sitting in a padded chair with back support. The pedals are situated straight ahead like a recliner and your sitting low to the ground. Recumbent bikes provide more comfort and ease of use, especially for those with back problems or who feel unstable sitting high off the ground. Recumbent bikes can also encourage a less intense workout, which is good for those people looking to gently exercise at their own pace. In the end, choosing a recumbent bike or an upright bike is ultimately a matter of preference to the user.
- Find independent product reviews and consumer feedback that will give you insight into finding a quality product that is built to last. Independent product reviews also save you time in your search and generally improve overall customer satisfaction. Knowing which products to avoid allows you to focus on those that have historically performed well. Reading product reviews and customer feedback is going to give you the insight you need to be confident in your decision.
- Consider the best fit. For those over 200 pounds, it's important to check the maximum body weight allowed on the bike you're considering. A bike designed for lighter individuals is going to potentially feel wobbly and unsteady for those at a greater weight. The bike may even begin to malfunction if not designed for a specific weight range. Adjustable components on a bike are important as well. Everyone is built differently and being able to adjust the seat height, pedals, handlebars, and more is going to make for a more successful purchase. A comfortable workout is going to lead to a more successful experience.
- Compare prices among brands. Again, independent reviews will help you do this quicker, but you can also compare prices yourself. With so many types of exercise equipment on the market, you'll see a wide range of prices on exercise bikes. As long as you have a realistic opinion of what a quality exercise bike will cost, you'll find it's easy to compare and contrast bikes to find what you're looking for.
- Look for a return policy and product warranty. In the event that your bike arrives and you've changed your mind, it's good to know that you have a period of time to return it and still be able to get your money back. Also, with any large purchase you should anticipate a product warranty. Warranties can vary greatly between products. Consider a product that comes with a warranty that extends well past a year when parts and components start to wear out.
In summary, shopping online for an exercise bike offers many benefits over more traditional methods. Choose from the largest selection, easily compare features, prices and warranties, and read independent product reviews that bring you insight and confidence in your decision-making.
Top Consumer Reviews Articles
TopConsumerReviews.com provides unique articles that you won't find anywhere else on the internet. These articles are designed to help you make the most informed decisions possible.
Warning: copy(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 15
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 18
- View Full Site -
Copyright © TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form without the express written consent of TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC is strictly prohibited.