TopConsumerReviews.com is a world-leading consumer product review site. We provide detailed reviews and ratings for thousands of products and services.
Benefits of an Online Divorce
Most divorcing couples generally don't like one another very much, in fact some might describe their feelings best with explicits and degrading words when they are going through a divorce. But, that doesn't mean they still can't set their anger aside and make decisions together without going to trial. Most experts recommend that every couple should first attempt to work out mutual terms for the divorce without involving attorneys and judges. There are several benefits to an mutually agreed upon divorce especially when it comes to filing options and costs.
There are many benefits to an uncontested divorce. Some of these include:
- Cost Savings. An online divorce company provides all of the necessary paperwork for your divorce at a fraction of the cost of using a lawyer, mediation or going to trial. Contested divorces average at approximately $20,000, a mediated divorce is about $5,000, and an uncontested divorce around $2,000.
- Pace. When a couple can't agree on one or more aspects of a divorce it can get very expensive and time consuming. Lawyers are notorious for dragging out the legal process in their attempt to battle the other party. You'll notice that it will take an attorney weeks to reply to communication from the other side and vice versa. Most couples want the divorce over and for their lives to return to their new normal. Uncontested divorces are often quick and only awaiting the State waiting period for finalization.
- Emotional Healing. Fighting back and forth for months or years is generally very stressful, leads to additional negative emotions and creates a lot of anxiety for most. An uncontested divorce avoids the fighting and the delays and typically helps get each spouse back on their feet again faster.
- Children. Kids that are involved in lingering custody and financial battles have a more challenging time being happy and healthy kids. Uncontested and uneventful divorces allow children to move on with healing and adjusting to all of the changes that occurred after the divorce.
If you and your spouse can agree on the terms of your divorce you have the option of using an online divorce company in lieu of an expensive divorce attorney. The biggest benefit to hiring an online divorce company is the cost. An uncontested divorce can be filed by an attorney or an individual.
Online divorce companies make the process easy by completing all the necessary State appropriate paperwork and giving you directions on how to file with the courts. For around $300 your paperwork will be completed in a week or less and will be ready to proceed through the process. If you're in a hurry to move your divorce along an online divorce is your fastest option. While all States have a mandatory waiting period you won't be waiting additional time on an attorney that likes to drag his feet or requires you make numerous visits to his office before he can bother to stop by the court house.
While online divorces provide the biggest cost and time savings they aren't right for every situation. Some of these situations include:
- Legal Issues. Complex legal issues, big 401K splits, financial investments and technical legal procedures aren't appropriate for an online divorce. Lawyers are required in these situations to work through specific laws and legal agreements to identify your rights.
- Custody Battle. If you can't agree on the terms of your custody agreement or who pays for what you'll need a lawyer to work through the process. Online divorce is more appropriate for couples that are able to work through all aspects of custody and child support on their own.
- Change of Mind. Even if you've already moved forward with an online divorce company but your spouse has become difficult or changed their mind about important big ticket or custody related decisions it's time to involve a lawyer to assist in the process. Make sure you weigh the cost of attorney against the price of the item before deciding to fight.
Uncontested online divorces provide the biggest opportunity for cost and time savings as well as avoiding a long drawn out battle that provides months and years of hurt feelings and anger. Couples that are able to avoid the fight and work through all of the decision making on their own are eligible to save thousands of dollars using an online divorce service.
If you're considering using an online divorce company locate independent reviews to assist in your search. These companies provide unbiased opinions on customer service, website functionality, guarantees and overall value.
Top Consumer Reviews Articles
TopConsumerReviews.com provides unique articles that you won't find anywhere else on the internet. These articles are designed to help you make the most informed decisions possible.
Warning: copy(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 15
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 18
- View Full Site -
Copyright © TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form without the express written consent of TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC is strictly prohibited.