TopConsumerReviews.com is a world-leading consumer product review site. We provide detailed reviews and ratings for thousands of products and services.
How to Save Money on a Divorce
Divorce occurs in every one out of two marriages and can be financially devistating. Identifying ways to execute an affordable divorce is a smart long term decision that will benefit all parties involved. Included are several tips to reduce the cost of your divorce, potentially avoid credit issues and a load of debt from lawyer fees.
Inexpensive divorce tips:
- Consider your State legislation. All States set standards when it comes to divorce and who gets the kids and how to divide the cash. These rules are almost always followed and leave little room for debate or negotiation. For example, with all 50 States following a no-fault divorce standard, which means it doesn't matter who did what or why a marriage didn't work out, judges will allow a divorce to go through and there's no room for mediation to stop it. Also, most States are now very father friendly these days. If a father wishes to maintain the kids 50% of the time and hasn't shown a reason for not being equipped to parent appropriately then most judges will give the father his fair share of custody. Assets are generally split 50/50 in most States and live little room for the opportunity to take anyone to the cleaners. That all said, with many States following strict divorce standards it doesn't make much sense to fight over the inevitable.
- Think logically. If you compare the cost of a contested, litigated divorce of $20,000 versus the cost of an uncontested online divorce of $500 you will likely identify that some of the little things aren't worth fighting over. Don't be an irate divorcee fighting tooth and nail for 12 months over who gets the dog, the big screen TV and the garden tools. Be the spouse that sets the pace for refusing to argue over unimportant possessions that are cheap to replace. Many people find when they don't fight over the pots and pans that the other spouse isn't interested in fighting either. Amicable divorces are a small fraction of the cost of a contested or mediated divorce and also have a much smaller impact on your emotional state when there's no lawyers involved.
- Consider your options. Historically, even in harmonious divorces, everyone hired their own divorce lawyer, raked up thousands of dollars in legal fees and delayed divorces to allow all parties to find a date that worked for their rubber stamped divorce. If you have a spouse that is willing to work through dividing the finances and kids than expensive lawyers are not necessary. Online divorce companies offer an alternative to hiring an attorney by providing you with all the completed legal paperwork necessary to file your divorce in your State.
There are several benefits you can gain with an online divorce. Some of these benefits include:
- Cost Savings. An online divorce company provides all of the necessary paperwork for a divorce in your State at a fraction of the cost of using a local lawyer. This is the best method of reducing your costs and allowing your divorce to occur without ruining you financially and emotionally.
- Speed. When people decide to divorce more than anything they want it to finalized and over so that a sense of normalcy can begin. Online divorce companies serve to create and expedite the necessary paperwork for you so that you can quickly file your documents with the court to begin the process. There's very little waiting, no establishing meeting after meeting with a lawyer for discussions and additional signatures.
- Convenience. Online divorce companies ask the same series of questions via an online questionnaire that a lawyer would. You're able to complete the process in the privacy and convenience of your home when you're most available. No need to worry about taking off work or finding a babysitter to visit your attorney every two weeks.
- Stress Reduction. Fighting in court for an extended period of time can be one of the most stressful events in someone's life. If you're able to have an amicable, affordable divorce that is over quickly you and the kids are going to have less anxiety and tension that impacts your day to day life.
Saving money on a divorce starts with obtaining knowledge over your State's statutes on divorce and thinking logically about what is reasonable. Being the bigger person in the divorce as well as refusing to fight over kitchen utensils and unimportant shared possessions sets the stage for establishing an amicable divorce. Couples that are able to divide their assets and financial matters, as well as the kids, can save significant money on a divorce by using an online company for the legal paperwork. Use independent product reviews to locate a quality online divorce company that provides an excellent service at a fair price.
Top Consumer Reviews Articles
TopConsumerReviews.com provides unique articles that you won't find anywhere else on the internet. These articles are designed to help you make the most informed decisions possible.
Warning: copy(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 15
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 18
- View Full Site -
Copyright © TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form without the express written consent of TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC is strictly prohibited.