TopConsumerReviews.com is a world-leading consumer product review site. We provide detailed reviews and ratings for thousands of products and services.
Choosing a Treadmill
Treadmills are a great way to get an excellent cardiovascular workout at home when it best fits into your schedule. Regular use of a treadmill is effective at helping you lose weight and tone your hips, legs and thighs. Today, treadmills range from the most basic model with no frills to those with high-tech workout programs, TV's, and more. When shopping for a treadmill it's important to do your research and consider the following
factors in the product you choose:
- Belt Ply and Size. Often this is a hard lesson learned for a novice buyer. Belts come with a one or two-ply rating. For a higher quality belt, the two-ply is suggested and should last longer. Experts recommend at least a 17-inch belt for the average consumer, but wider belts are better as they allow more room to move around. Belt length is also important. A 48-inch minimum length is suggested for a comfortable
ride, and runners should consider at least 60 inches in order to properly stretch your legs.
- Motor Size. Motor size impacts the strength and smoothness of a treadmill ride. A good treadmill needs a motor that ranks well in continuous duty power. Experts say at least a 2.0 HP continuous duty motor is necessary for most users, but consider a 2.5 HP if you run a lot. Also, if a quiet treadmill motor is important to you, look for a DC motor. These are generally not commercial-grade but will offer a
quiet workout so that you can watch TV, listen to music, or allow others to sleep if nearby.
- Console. The consoles on today's treadmills range from basic to high-tech. Ideally, you would want to know your speed, distance, calories burned, and time. Others offer additional features, such as safety switches, pre-programmed workouts, heart rate, MP3 players, and TV's. Before making a treadmill purchase be sure to identify the features of the console that are important to you to ensure you get what
- Weight Capacity. For those over 200 pounds, it's important to check the maximum body weight allowed on any treadmill you consider. A treadmill designed for lighter individuals is going to feel sluggish and wobbly for those exceeding the capacity. Parts are also more likely to wear down and break in a shorter period of time.
- Cost. Most of us have a budget to maintain and with so many brands of treadmills you'll see prices run the gamut. Companies that make the best treadmills use the highest grade of parts and components available for comfort and duration. You'll need to balance quality, price and features when choosing a treadmill you can afford. Several companies offer financing on their treadmills to assist with a large purchase.
- Return Policy. In the event your treadmill shows up and you change your mind, which some of us like to do, will you be able to return the equipment for a full refund? Choosing a treadmill that comes with a return policy is a smart decision. Several companies offer a 30-day trial offer when purchasing a treadmill.
- Warranty. Any time you make a purchase that costs several hundreds of dollars or more a product warranty that covers broken parts and repairs for a period of time is essential. Some quality treadmills come with a lifetime warranty on the motor, five-year replacement for parts, and two years on labor associated with repairs. Others offer coverage that is significantly shorter that seems to run out right before
the first repair is needed.
- Quality. Companies that use quality parts and closely monitor manufacturing are always going to provide a better treadmill. Look for independent reviews and customer feedback on different treadmill brands and models. Specific brands have a better history of providing quality products over time than others.
Selecting a treadmill that works well and is comfortable for your body size is going to encourage you to spend more time exercising and ultimately achieving your fitness goals. It's also important to balance quality and price in the treadmill you choose. Comparing different brands and models will lead you to what best fits your personal needs and budget. Finally, finding independent product reviews and consumer feedback is going
to give you the insight you need in finding a quality product that you'll be satisfied with over time.
Top Consumer Reviews Articles
TopConsumerReviews.com provides unique articles that you won't find anywhere else on the internet. These articles are designed to help you make the most informed decisions possible.
Warning: copy(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 15
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 18
- View Full Site -
Copyright © TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form without the express written consent of TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC is strictly prohibited.