TopConsumerReviews.com is a world-leading consumer product review site. We provide detailed reviews and ratings for thousands of products and services.
Why Are Treadmills So Popular?
Treadmills are, and always have been, the number-one selling piece of cardiovascular exercise equipment on the market today. Whether they are being purchased by a fitness center for use by its clients, or by an individual who wants to include some fitness equipment in the privacy of their own homes, treadmills are the go-to choice.
For those of us who spend time in a local gym or fitness center, we see the popularity of treadmills with our own eyes. Of all the equipment available in such places, treadmills tend to be the busiest. At least half of all treadmills provided in a fitness facility are in use throughout the day, indicating their popularity by exercisers.
So what is it about a treadmill that makes it such a great choice? Why are treadmills so popular? Let's discuss in detail the reasons most people choose this piece of equipment over all others.
- Time savings factor. For those of us who are under a time crunch to squeeze in exercise, having our own treadmill at home can be the solution. Even walking or running at a moderate pace for 20 minutes at least six times a week can keep us in shape. Combined with a healthy diet, using the treadmill in this fashion will provide a one-two punch toward our fitness goals.
- Ease of use. Let's face it. There have been times we've all been in a health club, and have struggled with how to use a certain piece of equipment. Some of the machines available today are complicated and, without someone there to guide you on how to use them, it can be a frustrating experience. Treadmills are not complicated to use. With self-explanatory control panels, anyone can set one up and begin using it immediately without the help of an exercise equipment expert.
- Versatility. Treadmills never get boring because you can increase or decrease the intensity at which you are exercising, as well as either walk or run on them. More intense workouts can be achieved by increasing the incline and speed at which you are running or walking on the treadmill. Higher incline levels make your leg muscles work harder, firming and toning the muscles. Be sure to keep in mind that you do not have to walk or run at ultra-high speeds to burn calories. Studies have shown that walking a greater distance at a moderate pace can burn just as many calories as running or walking at high speeds for shorter durations.
- Multitasking. One of the biggest reasons people like treadmills is because they can do other things while using them. Watching television, listening to music or even working on your iPad can all be done while exercising on a treadmill. However, a word of caution if you choose to multitask while on a treadmill. Treadmills can cause serious injury if the person using them becomes so absorbed in another activity that they forget they are walking or running on a moving machine.
- The weather. Unless you live in sunny Hawaii, let's face it - the weather doesn't always cooperate with walking or running outdoors. During the extreme heat of summer or the biting cold of winter, it can be hard to motivate yourself to exercise outdoors and, in some cases, not good for your health. Indoor treadmills can be used no matter the day, time or weather conditions, making them a popular choice for exercisers of all ages and fitness levels.
Top Consumer Reviews Articles
TopConsumerReviews.com provides unique articles that you won't find anywhere else on the internet. These articles are designed to help you make the most informed decisions possible.
Warning: copy(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 15
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 18
- View Full Site -
Copyright © TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form without the express written consent of TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC is strictly prohibited.