TopConsumerReviews.com is a world-leading consumer product review site. We provide detailed reviews and ratings for thousands of products and services.
Can You Save Money with a Treadmill?
Dropping a thousand dollars or more on exercise equipment doesn't seem like a cost savings opportunity, but when you look at it in the long-term you might change your mind. Getting into shape and maintaining a healthy level of fitness takes time and regular exercise. If you're finance savvy, or trying to be at least, take a few moments to calculate your options and see where you come out:
- Walking or Running Outdoors. It can be very relaxing, fun and, best of all, free to go outside and exercise. However, for many of us, our jobs and the weather get in the way of successfully exercising outside as much as we'd like. Exercising outside also involves the element of risk. There's no need to worry about the safety of running outside or walking in the park when you're safe at home.
- Gym Membership. A lot of people have wonderful intentions when they sign a gym contract. The initial fees and monthly charges seem affordable at first glance given tricky pricing that seems to always end .99. During, the first month of a gym membership most customers show up pretty regularly until they get sick or have to go out of town. As new activities and challenges come up, many struggle to find available
time to work out during gym hours. Many months will go by before a gym member realizes that they've spent hundreds or thousands of dollars and are nowhere near their fitness goals.
- Personal Trainer. A personal trainer is very trendy and seems like a great way to make a solid effort at getting into shape. Think of Jillian Michaels screaming and pushing to help contestants lose weight. At $40 - $60 per hour, you're looking at a big financial commitment. If you calculate that out, it's around $7,000 for one year of fees. In addition, you have to work with someone else's schedule, which
makes it hard to maintain the effort.
- Exercise Classes. Exercise classes, often geared more toward ladies, are less expensive than a personal trainer but can quickly add up. At $5 - $12 per class, three times per week, your total investment would average over $1,200 per year. However, classes are less flexible than most options as you can only exercise at a specific assigned time and if the class is full you're out of luck.
Money isn't everything when it comes to choosing the right exercise plan. History has shown that exercise goers are more successful when they consider the following factors:
- Convenience. Exercising at the crack of dawn or late at night might be the best time for you to sweat. Having a treadmill conveniently located in your home allows for an easily accessible workout. You'll also not bother primping or grooming to visit your treadmill. Jumping on before you shower or put on makeup is ultimately going to save time.
- Routine-Friendly. If you don't have to rely on good weather, a class schedule, or wait in a long line at the gym for a free machine to exercise, you'll find it easier to get into an exercise routine. Regularly finding time for exercise is most achievable when it's convenient, and convenience leads to routine. A consistent workout regime can help lead to the body and health you desire.
- Confidence. Working out in front of others embarrasses many people, especially when one is just starting out on the road to health. Onlookers can be creepy and prevent us from wanting to regularly show up each day. If you have a treadmill at home, you can simply throw on your favorite t-shirt, crank up the tunes, and get moving. No need to worry if your outfit coordinates with your shoes in the comfort of
your own home!
As with any fitness equipment, you'll want to choose a quality product that will last for years to come. Compare several different treadmill brands and models that provide the options you want. Find independent product reviews that will help you in your search of identifying treadmills that are a good value with the options you want in your workout. Avoid brands that have a lot of negative customer feedback and a history of product
failure. In the end, having a quality treadmill at home can save you thousands of dollars and lead to more regular workouts and a healthier you.
Top Consumer Reviews Articles
TopConsumerReviews.com provides unique articles that you won't find anywhere else on the internet. These articles are designed to help you make the most informed decisions possible.
Warning: copy(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 15
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 18
- View Full Site -
Copyright © TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form without the express written consent of TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC is strictly prohibited.