TopConsumerReviews.com is a world-leading consumer product review site. We provide detailed reviews and ratings for thousands of products and services.
Why Every Business Should Have A Website
Fifty years ago, business and industry had to work hard in order to drum up new business and get the word out about their product or service. Cold calls by phone to potential clients, as well as the well-placed newspaper or billboard ad, were the main ways business and industry got the word out.
Fast-forward to the 21st century, and getting the word out about a product or service is as simple as the click of a few keys on a computer.
The internet has become a major marketing tool. The internet was invented in 1969 by ARPANET, followed by the World Wide Web in 1989. One year after the World Wide Web was invented, the first website was launched.
As of April 2013, the World Wide Web contains 15.03 billion pages. Programs such as Google Analytics allow individual website owners to track how many people have viewed their pages, clicked on links or responded in some way to what was posted there.
Small businesses often make the mistake of thinking they don't need a website. But the truth is, if you're in business at all, a website can be a major marketing resource and you should consider creating one.
So who, exactly, needs a website?
- Small Business Owners. Competing with the big fish can be hard, so small businesses need every advantage they can find to compete. Even for companies who only have one or two employees, a professional-looking website can help bolster your bottom line.
- Independent Contractors. Small business owners have a hard time competing, but it can be even harder for independent contractors, who often are one-man shows. Setting up a website and using the correct search-engine optimization (SEO) tools can help to direct traffic your way and produce new clients in markets that would otherwise be hard to reach.
- Restaurants and Stores. Customers are doing more online shopping these days, so providing the ability to view your products and order them online can boost your sales. Diners thinking of going out for the evening may decide where to go based on menus they see posted online for local restaurants. Providing customers with the option of placing their order online, and picking it up curbside or once they arrive at the restaurant to be seated, can help make any restaurant more user-friendly.
- Online Sales. If you produce a product or service that is designed to be sold online, then it makes sense to have a website. Websites of this nature should not only provide a clear list of the products available for purchase, but also a secure site from which customers can feel comfortable providing the financial information necessary to complete the online purchase.
- Service Personnel. If you are a massage therapist, offer pet-sitting services or any other service-based product, a website can help you to secure new clients.
- Artists. Musicians, photographers, graphic artists, hobbyists and other creative minds can benefit from sharing their work with others. In addition to creating a place where like-minded individuals can come to discuss your art, you also have the opportunity to drum up business should you so desire.
Even if you advertise your business or service elsewhere, such as the yellow pages or in local publications, the internet has become the go-to place for most people looking for information in a hurry. Failing to provide them with a place to find you online could be dooming your business or service to failure.
Top Consumer Reviews Articles
TopConsumerReviews.com provides unique articles that you won't find anywhere else on the internet. These articles are designed to help you make the most informed decisions possible.
Warning: copy(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 15
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/dozeman1/public_html//updates/related-news.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dozeman1/public_html/new-common-code/mobile/dynamic-amp-in-the-news.php on line 18
- View Full Site -
Copyright © TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form without the express written consent of TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC is strictly prohibited.